A growing number of members of the Michigan House Of Representatives have publicly expressed support for the impeachment of Governor Gretchen Whitmer. State Representatives Matt Maddock, Beau LaFave, Shane Hernandez, Daire Rendon, Ryan Berman, Steve Carra, and Ken Borton have publicly backed the effort to impeach Whitmer.
In the state of Michigan, a simple majority is required in the House of Representatives to impeach the Governor. Republicans hold a 58-52 majority in the House. This means that Republicans can impeach Gretchen Whitmer without any support from Democrats.
Reasons to impeach Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer include
- Her failure to comply with court orders
- Her multiple violations of the Michigan Constitution
- The fact that she weaponized contract tracing go help Democrat campaigns
- Her draconian lockdowns that denied children with special needs the services that they depend on
- Her complicity in the thousands of deaths of elderly Americans in Michigan nursing homes