fbpx
  • October 25, 2020

President Trump Set To Sign Executive Order Requiring Essential Drugs Be Manufactured In The U.S.

 President Trump Set To Sign Executive Order Requiring Essential Drugs Be Manufactured In The U.S.

According to CNBC, President Trump will soon sign an executive order that mandates all essential drugs be manufactured in the USA. The move comes as the Trump administration attempts to make America less dependable on the rest of the world. Earlier this year, President Trump’s policies contributed to America officially becoming energy independent. It appears as if the pharmaceutical industry is President Trump’s next target.

     Currently, only around 28% of pharmaceutical related manufacturing occurs in the U.S. The remaining 72% of manufacturing occurs in other countries. Around 13% of said manufacturing comes from China. This is an obvious issue due to the fact that the Communist Chinese could easily cut off at least 13% of America’s essential drug supply instantaneously. 

     Additionally, manufacturing in China is highly unregulated and unsafe. Back in 2008, baby formula manufactured in China sickened over 50,000 American babies and killed 4 of them. This was due to the fact that the formula itself had Melamine inside, a toxic ingredient that was used to seemingly increase the amount of protein within the formula. 

     President Trump is taking steps in the right direction to ideally make America drug independent. The executive order is expected to be signed in the coming days.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: